Now here's a receipe I've been wanting to try for awhile! Although I don't think mine came out quite as good as the restaurant's, my family fell in love with it! Now it's a constant request from my oldest daughter. I sure hope you'll like it as much as we do!
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Cut into bite-size pieces)
1-2 T. Olive Oil
1-2 T. Minced Garlic
¼ t. Ginger
¾ t. Red Pepper Flakes
¼ cup of Apple Juice
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
2 T. Ketchup
1 T. Cider Vinegar
½ cup of Water
1 T. Cornstarch (If thick sauce is desired; my family prefers it)
1) Heat oil in a large skillet;
2) Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned;
3) Remove chicken;
4) Add remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.
5) Add chicken back to the mixture, and bring to a hard boil;
6) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
Serve over yellow or brown rice.